Jenny and I have discussed it and we have made the decision to spice up the blog a little bit. Jenny says we have become a little too serious.
I’m asking her to step up her game then hehe 😜.
But truly, we are settled back in our good rhythm. School has started. Things are in a better flow, so we will do a better job. Once again, thanks for your patience.
Although moving forward we will spice things up on the blog, I wanted to do justice in updating everyone on some highlights from the month. God has still been at work.
1) Mahrez (21 yrs old)- one of the first guys I walked with as he came to faith about 3 years ago lost his dad soon after we arrived back. This gave me the opportunity to meet his entire family for the first time very. Up to this point it was too “un-secure” to be introduced to his family because of the faith I shared with him. But through this tragedy I was able to meet and encourage them all. Here is the young man:
2) Mad Dog- you guys remember this guy? Late 40’s. Got dunked last year around this time. Has had difficulty with his wife since he chose to follow The Son. Well, my buddy J talked to him a week ago and evidently Mad Dog’s young son of about 10 yrs of age, Youssef, has accepted The Son in his heart. Huge news and answer to prayer.
3) There is new guy who I met during Ramadan (Sammy- 52 yrs old) who said he has come to faith. He has met with us several times along with a tiny group of other men. Just last week when 4 of us met to catch up after being apart for the summer, Sammy said he has been tormented for 13 years with 5 bad spirits in his stomach. This is extremely similar to Alex’s situation who so many of you have prayed for. Very similar “symptoms,” except Sammy says his spirits talk to him. This guy will need many of you to put him on your prayer list. More and more stories of people battling spirits are surfacing all around. God is working. The enemy ain’t happy about it. “Lord, please free these people and this land from evil spirits, Amen!”
4) Jenny has begun her new position as director and she is going to do great. Thank you for those who lift her up by name. Here she is at parent orientation:
5) The day Kira died I had 3 young believers helping work at CCA to get things ready for the first day of school. Clearly this was a sad day for all us BrownSpot4. But one very redeeming moment was when I went to pick up the three boys. I was late because we were burying Kira and they couldn’t find a taxi. So I went to pick them up. The one boy had to get to work or else he would get fired. When I arrived he said he wasn’t going to work. It was clear he had lied to his boss on why he couldn’t work that day. After 15mins of refusing to let me take him, I was able to impart into him many of the biblical lessons that dozens of people have imparted into me over my lifetime, such as “tell the truth and let God bring the consequences.” Two other young guys were in the back of the car listening to it all. By the end, he agreed to go to work, tell his boss the truth l, ask for forgiveness and serve whatever consequences may come. He did not get fired, and in fact it appears he has gained more trust from his boss after sharing the truth.
This seems like an elementary lesson to all of us. These lessons here are rarely learned. To be completely honest, this was one of the clearest victories I have been able to witness for a long time. PTL all the way.
6) My older sisters’ best friend, Beka, came to visit. She has become a family friend who is as close to a real sister as they come. More to come on her visit, but this is a big deal for us. It’s her first time ever out of North America and she came here! Just wow 😮 😉
More good things on the horizon. Here is a little hint…
We thank the Lord for all of you who care enough to read, pray and live for Him as well. To Him be the glory!